Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Halloween brooches!



I am so excited about these!! My new brooches were inspired by 1930's horror movies, which are my absolute favorite to watch this time of year. If you want to enjoy some truly creepy movies this October, I highly recommend Mystery of the Wax Museum and Doctor X. They were shot in two-strip technicolor, which gives them an eerie green tint that amplifies the creep factor x100. I also love all of the classic Universal horror films like Dracula, Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein and The Mummy. You just can't beat 30's horror!

If you're familiar with these movies you know that they have a unique brand of fright that you just don't find in scary movies from other eras. They're stylish and stylized and filled with full moons, lots of fog and a healthy helping of cobwebs. I really wanted to capture that atmosphere in these brooches and I'm very pleased with how they turned out!

Of course I was running behind schedule as usual and didn't get these ready until one month before Halloween, oops! If you're interested in wearing one of these for Halloween festivities please keep in mind that I make all of my items to order and take about a week to ship. The brooches are available in my shop now, right here! Happy early Halloween!