Sunday, October 12, 2014

Puns Intended 2015 calendar



Puns Intended has been my longest-running art series. I started it back in 2005 when I used to do outdoor art shows full-time. I've been meaning to make a calendar out of the paintings for pretty much this entire time -- almost 10 years! And I finally put one together for 2015. I'm thinking of it as a 10 year anniversary celebration.

The calendar includes 12 different punny paintings, printed on vibrant halftone pattern backgrounds. The halftone is a sort of dotted pixel pattern that's only visible when viewed closely, but adds an extra dimension instead of flat color. The pages are 11" x 17" with a small white border around the edge, and they come bound with white plastic comb binding at the top. The calendar is available at Puns Intended right here.