Saturday, October 11, 2014

The Kindness Shop



This year I decided to make it my goal to spread kindness as much as humanly possible. I honestly believe that the world would be a much better place if we all just treated each other with kindness and respect. My hope with this new shop is that people will use the products to pass along the message. My personal favorites are the compliment brooches. I love the idea that whoever reads your brooch will get a little pick-me-up. I find that most modern clothing & jewelry with messages emblazoned on them tend to be mean or self-centered. Rather than proudly proclaiming that "you can't sit at our table" (I know it's a Mean Girls reference, but come on -- the movie was not glorifying that kind of thing. Didn't anyone get it?) be the person with the brooch that invites someone to join you instead. Not to sound cult-like (although having my own cult might be totally cool) but we need to foster a sense of inclusiveness, not cliquishness.

Right now the shop is stocked with a limited number of magnet & brooch designs, but I hope to be adding more in the near future -- like inexpensive PDF downloads that you can share or post around town and note cards with simple, kind greetings to send to friends just-because.

$1 from every sale is donated to Random Acts, a charity that funds and helps promote random acts of kindness. And every order comes with two cards with suggestions for daily random acts of kindness -- one to keep and one to give away!

You can take a peek at the new shop right here.